Shotgun I - Intro to Tactical Shotgun
This class provides introductory tactical shotgun skills intended to enhance the participants understanding of long-gun manipulation and home defense shotgun use.
Using either a pump-action or semi-automatic, the course of fire will include instruction on the use of different ammunition (buckshot, slugs, and less lethal) dependent upon the situation.
This class is a required pre-requisite for more advanced aspects of tactical shotgun use.
Equipment needed for this class includes the following:
- Eye & ear protection (electronic protection recommended)
- Pump-action or non-magazine fed semi-automatice shotgun
- 20-gauge shotgun or larger (12-gauge recommended)
- Optics acceptable, iron sights preferred
- Slings are acceptable, but not required
- 5 rounds of slug ammunition
- 5 rounds of 00 buckshot ammunition
- 75 rounds of game/target load
- Shell carrier (gun or body mounted) is recommended